About: Waterstones aims to be the leading bookseller both on the high street and internet. Trading from nearly 300 shops, they strive to create customer-friendly environments where people can go to browse the best titles.
Needs: Within their re-branding programme, Waterstones took the opportunity to undertake some required remedial works. A flexible approach was required to ensure the shop-floor remained operational at all times.
Location: Bridport, Dorset
The TRS Service:
TRS carried out repairs to the store in Bridport. Whilst on site the opportunity was taken to make alterations to the shop-floor and staff areas. TRS worked closely with other Waterstones suppliers to complete works including:
- External redecoration and repairs to woodwork and stonework,
- Replacement of sash windows,
- Installation of roof barrier,
- Electrical works,
- Removal of air conditioning units,
- Renewal of ceiling tiles and lighting,
- Redecoration of toilets and kitchens.
Download a pdf of this case study here
TRS completed works in a ‘live’ office environment.
- We ensured that the existing (and complex) Building Management System (BMS) was not compromised.
- All work was completed under rigid control conditions.
- To ensure minimum disruption to the staff, work was completed out of hours.