About: Alder King has a proudly independent heritage stretching back over a century. Their network of offices and strategic alliances ensure in-depth market knowledge and a truly national perspective which clients rely on.
Needs: Following a fire at the unit, Alder King were instructed by the landlords to return the property to a lettable condition as quickly as possible. To speed up the process, TRS were selected as both builders and roofing works could be undertaken in-house.
Client: Alder King
The TRS Service:
TRS carried out refurbishments and alterations to the industrial unit, which included:
- Deep clean following fire damage,
- Removal of existing mezzanine,
- Renewal of roof purlins, and wall and roof cladding, including all trims, rainwater goods and flashings,
- Construction of new accessible toilet facility,
- Overhaul of roller shutter door,
- Installation of new wall and floor finishes,
- Sundry electrical power and back ground lighting works,
- Sundry minor external works.
We worked closely with our landlord to provide a ‘best value’ outcome and facilitate onward letting of the unit.
- We worked up a number of cost plans and made added value suggestions, including the removal of the internal mezzanine, which allowed the client to evaluate their options and easily make decisions.
- TRS scaled back the scope and cost and provided a much more appealing and lettable space.