About: ES Group is a leading firm of Property and Asset Consultants employing almost 300 staff in 10 offices across the UK.
Needs: Following the collapse of the site developer ES Group’s client wanted the infrastructure of the site to be completed. There was a requirement to meet obligations with the existing tenants and to make the remaining development land attractive for sale.
Client: ES Group
Location: Romsey, Hampshire
The TRS Service
Our works included:
- Sundry tree works,
- Service diversion,
- Construction of new tarmacadam surfaced car park and access road,
- Tarmacadam overlay of existing access road,
- Formation of retaining structure to support new car park,
- Installation and extension of drainage system including interceptor,
- Installation of new lighting,
- Formation of new bin and cycle storage area,
- Making good to existing temporary car park,
- Alterations to kerbing,
- Landscaping and seeding.
TRS worked closely with the client to provide a ‘best value’ outcome:
- During the tender and pre-construction stages we put together a ‘shopping list’ of potential project cost savings to assist our client in hitting budgetary and time targets.
- We proposed approximately £55k of savings of which approximately £30k was taken up. We also devised a strategy with the engineer for minimising the spoil required to be removed form site, which would have added significant cost to the project.
- The team acted collaboratively through the project and our relationships with the downstream supply chain also played a significant part in this process.
- Our cost-saving approach continued through the construction period with further design and scope rationalisation saving a further £5k.